As required by the Central Bank of the UAE, Al Zaman Bank (Al Zaman Bank ) is carrying out an exercise of verifying and updating Emirates ID details of the customer.
As part of this, we are asking customers to share a copy of their Emirates ID (front and back) with the Bank, through SMS via their registered mobile or by email or contacting their Relationship Manager if they have one.
1. Through uploading your documents online via our secure document upload portal.
2. Through SMS – customers should respond to the SMS request sent to customer’s registered mobile number.
Customers should reply with their EID card number and expiry date “EID 784191234567890 ddmmyy” to 7709
3. Through Email - if we do not hold a valid registered mobile number, customers will be asked to respond to the email request sent to customer’s registered email address.
Customers should reply with their EID card number and expiry date “EID 784191234567890 ddmmyy” to ComplianceOperations@alzamanbank.com
4. If the above options are not available, customers may visit their nearest branch.
Emirates ID update form (can be downloaded here) should be completed and signed and placed in the designated drop box at your nearest Al Zaman Bank branch together with front and back copies of customer’s Emirates ID. Please be sure to bring EID copies to the branch as copying facilities are not available in branch.
It is important that once Al Zaman Bank has requested this information from you, it is submitted back to the Bank by February 28th, 2019 latest to avoid interruption to your banking services. If the Bank has not been able to verify your Emirates ID details within this time, restrictions will be placed on any debit / credit cards provided and Internet/mobile banking services until this information is provided.
Why do we require Emirates ID details?
We require this data to fulfil our regulatory obligations to the Central Bank of the UAE, as well as our legal obligations internationally, and internally to ensure the accurate and efficient running of our customer’s accounts.
How will this data be used?
1) To comply with our obligations and to enforce the terms of our Banking Services, including to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
2) To operate the services provided by the Bank to you, such as to initiate a payment, send or request money, add value to an account, or pay a bill.
How do I find out more information about this?
You may contact us if you have general questions about this information requirement or questions about your account information or personal data.
For any questions related to this, please contact us via the means listed here.
How do I protect myself from fraudsters?
At Al Zaman Bank we are committed to keeping our customers’ information confidential. That’s why we have a "we don’t ask, so please don’t tell” policy. Al Zaman Bank will never ask you to:
1. Share your Internet banking account details (like user ID, password or memorable word), or
2. Tell us your One Time Password (OTP) or send it via SMS/WhatsApp to a phone number provided, or
3. Tell us your credit/ debit card number, PIN code, expiry date or CVV number (the 3 digits on the back of your card), or
4. Move your money to an account number that is provided.